Build of FontForge with Spiro
I "packaged" a few libraries for fast installation of FontForge on a powerpc with OS X 10.4 (the computer I am using). FontForge requires X-Windows. The FontForge documentation on how to install X-Windows is here.
Download FontForge here
Download Raph Levien's libspiro (George Williams' build) from the sourceforge site to be able to enable the spiro mode.
- If you want FontForge to be able to read png files, you must install libpng. Here is my build for ppc with osx 10.4: libpng-1.2.22
- If you want FontForge to use potrace, you need to install it in /usr/local/bin; for the ppc, here is my build of Peter Selinger's potrace-1.8
- If you want the FreeType Library, here is my ppc osx 10.4 package for it.
- If you installed potrace and "Element > Autotrace" is not activated after you load an image in the background, check if typing "echo $PATH" in a xterm window gives an answer containing /usr/local/bin; if not, your path must be fixed; if you don't know how to do it, and you are on a mac,
quit fontforge and X-Windows, and install this.
- For other useful libraries, look at the FontForge documenation on dependencies.