ContactOffice: Pavillon André Aisenstadt, room 3251
Phone: 514 343-7472
Fax: 514 343-5834
LISA Lab phone: 514 343-6111 x1794
By regular mail: Université de Montréal, Dept. IRO, CP 6128, Succ. Centre-Ville, Montréal, Québec, Canada, H3C 3J7
By private courrier: Université de Montréal, Dept. IRO, suite 2194, 2920 Chemin de la tour, Montréal, Québec, Canada, H3T 1J8
- IFT1015 Programmation 1 (introduciton to programming): Access to course webpage via StudiUM
- IFT3395/6390 Fondements de l'apprentissage machine (machine leanring fundamentals): Access to course webpage via StudiUM
- IFT1015 "Programmation 1" (introduction to programming): Winter 2013, Winter 2012, Fall 2009, Winter 2009, Fall 2008, Winter 2008, Winter 2007
- IFT1025 "Programmation 2" (programming 2): Fall 2015, Winter 2015, Winter 2013, Winter 2012.
- IFT3395/6390 "Fondements de l'apprentissage machine" (machine learning fundamentals): Fall 2015, Fall 2013, Fall 2012, Fall 2011, Summer 2011, Fall 2010, Fall 2009, Winter 2009, Winter 2008, Winter 2007
Research interestsMy research field is machine learning, a subfield of Artificial Intelligence largely concerned with artificial perception. and I am part of the
Montreal Institute for Learning Algorithms (MILA) at University of Montreal's computer science department.
I am also associate member of the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research, in the Neural Computation & Adaptive Perception program.
Currently, I am mostly interested in machine learning techniques that explore how higher level representations (such as abstract concepts) may be constructed through unsupervised learning (or emerge) from low level representations (such as a stream of raw sensory inputs).
You can take a look at my list of publications.